A powerful duo that depuffs, soothes and lifts the skin through the art of facial massage for a radiant glow. Unlike the other stones, Black Obsidian naturally retains warmth and is great to use on congested, blemish prone skin. The warmth of the obsidian encourages stimulation of the lymphatic system and circulation. To warm our Black Obsidian tools, we recommend placing them in a glass of warm water.
what it does:
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
– Improves blood circulation
– Reduces inflammation and puffiness of skin
– Relieves facial and jaw tension
– Promotes lymphatic drainage
how to use:
Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum. Both tools work together to enhance your beauty rituals and pair perfectly with a serum or facial oil for better absorption. All the tools you need for a luxurious facial, conveniently packaged in a giftable box.
For the facial roller:
1) Start in the middle of the face and roll outwards across the cheeks.
2) Move to the eyebrows and roll upwards across the forehead.
3) Move below the lower lip and roll downward across the chin.
For the gua sha tool:
1) Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
2) Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
3) Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves.
4) Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
5) For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha tool is unique in pattern and colour. The stones + crystals used are authentic and natural. Mount Lai do not artificially dye or treat the stones as to let their true beauty shine through.